Marijuana Strain Category: Indica
Blueberry is a popular cannabis strain that is known for its sweet and fruity taste with floral hints, reminiscent of blueberries and forest fruits. It is an Indica-dominant hybrid with lineage in Afghani and Thai landrace strains. Blueberry is a potent strain with a THC content that ranges between 15% and 24%.
- Appearance, Aroma & Flavor: Blueberry has blue hues in its leaves and buds, and it is sticky and fragrant, reminiscent of a basket of sweet berries, fresh from a harvest. The taste is sweet and fruity with floral hints, reminiscent of blueberries and forest fruit
- Effects: Blueberry is noted for being stress-relieving and induces a generous state of euphoria. It has a long-lasting body-stoned effect that is very relaxing, but it also gives the user mild feelings of euphoria, relieving stress and providing an uplifting high. The strain is potent and can leave you feeling sleepy, so it is best taken at the end of the day.
- Medical Benefits: Blueberry is of use to those with pain conditions, both short-term pain due to injury or exercise or long-term chronic pain related to disease or nerve damage. It can also help relieve some of the troubling symptoms of stress, anxiety, and PTSD, creating a physical relaxation strong enough to ease the mind.
- Adverse Effects: Dizziness, dry eyes, dry mouth, and headaches are some of the adverse effects that have been reported.
- Lineage: Blueberry is an 80% indica and 20% sativa hybrid with lineage in Afghani and Thai landrace strains. It was created in the late 1970s when American breeder DJ Short was working with a variety of exotic landrace strains.